Today I finished sewing a little vintage playsuit! The vintage pattern I used is from 1965 (some of you may recognise the design as I've made one of these playsuits previously and it is on the blog).
The finished product! I'm very happy with it! I bought the fabric from an op-shop for $1 and got lots of it. I don't want to use expensive fabric as I'm still learning and practicing. My mums first reaction to this fabric was "It looks like pillow case material!" But we both thought it looked pretty good once it became a garment. I made the top slightly longer underneath the bust too.
The pattern I used (also sourced from an op-shop for $1).
The back zip.
It cost me $1 and about 6 hours of sewing over a couple of days, which is pretty good for a learner I think!
I'm loving sewing, good luck to those who are learning too or are going to start sewing (as I know a few of you are) remember to be patient, have fun and enjoy wearing your finished product!
Kayla - GracefullyVintage